Brick Star is LEGO, DUPLO, Toys, LEGO sales and deals and all things FUN! Welcome to the blog of a former LEGOLAND Model Builder and her LEGO family!!!

Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Babies!



When we divied up the projects here in the Model Shop, I became the leader of "Team Girl". We got the Tropicana/MGM side of the "Billion Dollar Corner". We worked our little butts off and nowI am the proud momma, because they look great!

There is a little tradition of putting in the final, final touches into Miniland. For the New York City re-launch a couple years ago, I built an un-glued, un-UV-coated Central Park John Lennon "Imagine" Mosaic (because if you didn't know already, I am a huge Beatles fan). Today, I threw together a little mosaic on the front of Tropicana which read "Three Girls Magic Show". I must love pressure or something because my hands shake and sweat as I frantically press the pieces together, but both "Imagine" and "Three Girls" say alot about how I feel at those very moments and in a way, I get to immortalize that feeling right then and there - for as long as that Miniland City lives. One more dash of LOVE can't hurt either.

No comments: